Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BLIGHT RAIL

The Mayors new light rail plan might be the worst one to date. Who plans a transit system that takes you nowhere? Seriously, what large employers does this thing run by? What a joke. The only thing that this thing is good for is blight tourism. Maybe I can set up a souvenir shop and sell shell casings and crack pipes to urban tourists. I can just hear kids saying "gee mommy, I hope that we can see a drive by". WHO THE HELL GOES TO TROOST ON A DAILY BASIS?

This city is built around Interstate access and suburban sprawl so any transit system that is proposed should run similar routes, not take you away from them. What sane person is going to drive 5 miles, park(surely not free) then walk from the parking lot to the train station, ride the train, catch a bus, get on the light rail, then catch another bus in order to get someplace?

If I were a resident of one of these towns I would want to know what numbers were used to come up with this plan. Seriously, what large employers and large population bases does this thing give you direct access to?

Here is my solution to Kansas City's transit problem.